Join Mark Lowe, Jessica Burns, Palliative Medicine Nurse Practitioner, and Sheri Walters, the Administrator of Hospice of Southwest Georgia will present information on Hospice and Palliative care.
Hospice Of Southwest Georgia is a Freestanding Hospice care center situated at Thomasville, Georgia. This palliative care is medicare certified. Hospice Of Southwest Georgia accommodated approx. 324 Medicare beneficiaries whose average age was 80.5 years. The mission of the Hospice of Southwest Georgia since it’s beginning in 1989, is to provide comprehensive care for patients with life-limiting conditions, within the familiar surroundings of one's own home or home-like setting. Hospice offers support services to the family as well as the patient. Education and emotional support for the family members during the illness and bereavement support afterwards are an important part of the scope of hospice care.
When a member of your family is facing a life-limiting illness, Hospice of Southwest Georgia can help patients and families by providing the support you need.
- Management of pain and symptoms
- Respite care for the caregiver
- Medical equipment and medications related to hospice diagnosis
- Education on illness
- Assistance from hospice aides with baths and other activities
- Supportive emotional care for the family and caregivers
- Spiritual support
- Assistance with advance directives
- Assistance obtaining community resources
- Support during and after the “journey of life”
- Volunteer services (reading, visiting, sitting, running errands, making phone calls)
- Pet therapy
- Patients receive fresh flowers from our volunteers each week
- Camp Heal annual camp for bereaved children ages 6-17
Hospice of Southwest Georgia serves the following counties: Thomas, Grady, Mitchell, Brooks, and Colquitt