District Governor, Jim Squire, Polio Zone Coordinator Bob Hagen, Past Rotary International Director Robert Hall visited our club on November 7th to recognize President Kim as the newest Arch Klumph Foundation Society member.
Pictures from President Kim's visit to Rotary International
Named after the sixth president of Rotary, the Arch Klumph Society recognizes the Rotary foundations highest tier of donors. Arch C. Klumph joined the Rotary Club of Cleveland, Ohio in 1911. He was the 1916-17 Rotary president, the organization’s sixth. Addressing the 1917 convention in Atlanta, Georgia, he eloquently promoted the idea of “endowments for the purpose of doing good in the world.”
That year, the Rotary Club of Kansas City, Missouri, made the first gift, of $26.50, to the fledgling fund. When the endowment had grown significant enough to require administrators to manage it, The Rotary Foundation was born, and Klumph was selected as one of its first trustees.